LORICA Equipment is an innovative textile manufacturing company based in Chilliwack, BC. We design and produce high performance apparel and technical equipment for a variety of professional industries. Our team is comprised of former Canadian military, manufacturing and sales professionals who take pride in producing quality equipment that meets our customers’ requirements and exceeds their expectations.
LORICA Equipment is searching for skilled sewing operators to join our production team full-time in our facility in Chilliwack. Reporting to the Manager of Design and Product Development, the Sewing Machine Operator is responsible for the material preparation and construction of highly technical products.
- Location: 44467 Yale Rd, CHILLIWACK, BRITISH COLUMBIA, V2R 4H2 ·
- Salary: $19.00-$24.00 / hour
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
- Employment groups: Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours / week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Overtime, Day
- Languages : English
- Education: No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Experience: Experience will be an asset. Willing to train.
- Type of materials: Cotton or synthetic, Nylon
- Personal suitability: Reliability, Team player, Initiative
- Type of industry experience: Textiles and leather
Operate machines to join sections of garments or other articles into finished products on a piece-work or production basis, Operate sewing machines or sew by hand, Make made-to-measure garments according to customer and manufacturing specifications, Mark, cut and sew fabric, Fit, alter and repair garments as required
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Ability to distinguish between colours, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Hand-eye co-ordination, Manual dexterity, Sitting
- Health benefits
- Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Vision care benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
- If you are not authorized to work in Canada, please do not apply.
How to apply
- By applying directly on Job Bank (Direct apply)
- By email: email@example.com
Back to Careers